Want to stay connected to emergency information regarding Aliso Viejo and the local community? We've put together a list of reliable resources to help you do just that. Check out the list below to see the top five way to stay 'in the know' so that you and your family can stay alert and stay safe.
1. Register for Nixle: Nixle texts you up-to-date information and alerts from the City of Aliso Viejo and Aliso Viejo Police Services. Register now at nixle.com or by texting 92656 to 888777.
2. Register for AlertOC: AlertOC is a mass notification system designed to keep Orange County residents and businesses informed of emergencies that may require immediate life saving actions. Register now at alertoc.org.
3. Stay Alert with Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA): WEAs are urgent alerts sent to your cell phone based on your location. They alert you with a unique sound and vibration, both repeated twice. Registration is not required.
4. Tune In To The Emergency Alert System (EAS): EAS is a country-wide alert which provides emergency messages on your TV and AM/FM radio during regional disasters. Registration is not required.
5. Follow Local Response Agencies on Social Media: Be sure to follow the City of Aliso Viejo, Aliso Viejo Police Services, OC Sheriff's Department, OC Fire Authority, and Southern California Red Cross on both Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date information.