Instant Solar Permit Now Available through SolarAPP+
Solar installation contractors are now able to apply for the City's new Instant Solar Permit (ISP) with the help of SolarAPP+, an automated online portal for permitting new residential rooftop solar and storage systems. SolarAPP+ helps streamline the permitting process by instantly issuing an ISP for code-compliant systems.
The ISP application is only for use by contractors registered with SolarAPP+ and accommodates roof-mounted solar photovoltaic panel installations with or without an energy storage system. A main electrical service upgrade can be added to the ISP. To see which systems are eligible, please refer to the Solar APP+ Eligibility Checklists. Only those systems included in these lists are eligible for the ISP through SolarAPP+.
How to Use SolarApp+
Step 1: Create or Log in to Existing Account
- Register for a SolarAPP+ account (select Installer for account type)
- Log in to existing SolarAPP+ account
Step 2: Submit project in SolarAPP+
- Submit your project through SolarAPP+.
- Pay the processing fee charged by SolarAPP+. The fee is currently set at $25.
- Download the approval documents. You will need to upload them into the City's online permitting portal when applying for your permit.
Step 3: Apply for Permit
- Log in to City's online permitting portal.
- Apply for a SolarAPP+ Instant Solar Permit in the portal. You will be asked to upload your submittal documents, including those you downloaded from SolarAPP+.
Step 4: Pay for Permit
- Pay all permit fees online on the City's online permitting portal.
- Pay permit fees in person at City hall during regular business hours.
Step 5: Request Inspection
- What is SolarAPP+?
- Where is SolarAPP+ available?
- What types of systems are eligible for SolarAPP+?
- Is there a limit on system size SolarAPP+ can review?
- How is the administrative fee collected and who collects it?
- How do I register with SolarAPP+?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
- How do I prepare for a SolarAPP+ inspection?
- Contractors Guide: Release Notes
You will need to complete this training and provide the certificate of completion for PV